In the run-up to Christmas, opening the post is always accompanied by a little frisson of anticipation, invariably dampened when I find it is only catalogues or credit statements or a card from someone I have never met addressed to someone who once lived here. (Thanks, ‘Carol’.) But today the brown paper parcel delivered by hand contained something better than any present. Inside was a poster, and one with my name on, and Joe’s. But even more thrilling and disorientating than seeing our names in type is seeing the star himself. This is a boy who started out as a stranger in a sleeping bag outside an arcade on Rye Lane in Peckham, became a character who walked and talked in my head, and is now being conjured up by a real live boy – the brilliant Daniel Frogson, who is all the best parts of the Joe on paper, and all his own added real excellence besides. I give you the real Joe All Alone, coming to CBBC in 2018.
- RT @AnnaHoworth: For all you people who grew up reading vintage Usborne books on ghosts and haunting etc, this film is for you. I’ve had th… 8 hours ago
- RT @rosalbaranieri: #22luglio Novità in casa @garzantilibri, #NienteèFuoriPosto di @joannanadin è in libreria. La recensione 👇🏻 https://t.… 16 hours ago
- Queer Eye Season 4 opener is more weepy than When Harry Met Sally. I am a wreck, I tell you. 1 day ago
- Look at the pretty thing I got, Twitter! Look at all the lovely old sewing toot inside! https://t.co/u4S7YOYx7P 2 days ago
- Moment of panic as thought 6music was playing Sussudio by Phil Collins. Relief when realised it was 1999 by Prince.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
Search this site