There’s something almost alchemical about the moment a hard copy of your book is finally pressed into your hot hands. A strange kind of magic that has turned the base material – people and plot and places – that has swum for months in a kind of story soup in your head into, if not solid gold, something solid, and golden to you. Today I got to hold and then take home a bound proof of The Queen of Bloody Everything before it’s sent out into the world. So for today, at least, I am glittering.
- Too much for my new undergrads?Book rec. Unputdownable, in a page-turning yet read-through-your-fingers way. Top stuff @bloomsburypublishingBring it onBig up for my little Joe All Alone, nominated for an Emmy. In fancy pants Cannes.And all the girls say I’m...Off to London to launch our incredible @bathspauni @imagineersmawyp into the world of agents and editors. Just one of the perks of teaching (and learning) on our world-leading Masters. #bathspaproud
- I think I’d enjoy this series of Endeavour more if it was just the adultery and house refurbishment. That etched gl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 minutes ago
- Just cried watching an episode of Dumping Ground. I don’t even know who these characters are but it got to me. 1 hour ago
- The absolute best bit of Emma was Menace whispering to me which characters in this version were based on who in Clueless. 1 day ago
- Mokoko have stopped doing cinnamon buns and BTP like a giant fecking crèche. My world is falling apart. #middleclasswriterproblems 1 day ago
- RT @catherinebruton: Tweechers Also looking for a recommendation for a new Y7 reader, ideally short, female protagonist, great story, beaut… 1 day ago
Search this site