There’s something almost alchemical about the moment a hard copy of your book is finally pressed into your hot hands. A strange kind of magic that has turned the base material – people and plot and places – that has swum for months in a kind of story soup in your head into, if not solid gold, something solid, and golden to you. Today I got to hold and then take home a bound proof of The Queen of Bloody Everything before it’s sent out into the world. So for today, at least, I am glittering.
- Post is the thing with feathers (and also chocolate eggs). New MG book. Out 12 July with @hachettekids Look at that cover! Tis a thing of beauty. May it fly and fly.Early art promise never fulfilledThis is actually beautiful. I don’t even remember getting this. Aged 16. It pretty much sums up adolescence for me. The Smiths and love so intense you write someone’s name on your chest in biro. (He dumped me for my friend a few weeks later.)Yes, yes that is the entire lyrics of Against All Odds by Phil Collins. And what of it?Opening up Pandora’s Box (aka The Suitcase of Shit) for a WOMAD event on letter writing. Pretty much every letter / handwritten note I received from age 5 onwards is in here. So many stories.Menace and Kurtan
- I did have a blast! twitter.com/fleurhitchcock… 1 hour ago
- RT @ywbath: ...And then you could pop in and meet @joannanadin IN REAL LIFE! Here - 3pm - with books and you can ask her questions and get… 7 hours ago
- Hugely excited to spend an hour on such a monumental day listening to two kickass Irish women @MarianKeyes and @oneilllo @Bathfestivals 13 hours ago
- RT @joanwalsh: Harvey Weinstein gets indicted. Ireland overwhelmingly legalizes a woman's right to choose. It's a good day for women. And w… 13 hours ago
- Yup twitter.com/tamsyntweetie/… 22 hours ago
Search this site