There’s something almost alchemical about the moment a hard copy of your book is finally pressed into your hot hands. A strange kind of magic that has turned the base material – people and plot and places – that has swum for months in a kind of story soup in your head into, if not solid gold, something solid, and golden to you. Today I got to hold and then take home a bound proof of The Queen of Bloody Everything before it’s sent out into the world. So for today, at least, I am glittering.
- Practically the medNo unboxing video because a) I am incapable of mustering sufficient ‘ooh what could possibly be inside?’ vibes and 2. I look like a hobbit crossed with Leo Sayer on a bad hair day, but LOOK! BOOKS! One week to go... #essex #harlow #essexgirl #amwritingLockdown library: loved it. Classic Marian. Funny. Sad. Unputdownable.Started a new thing. In my happy place. #amwritingLockdown Library: Moving and beautiful, if painful at times, memoir of growing up in the sixties and seventies; all the more poignant for the loss of the author.The only item of sensible clothing I’m happy to wear...
- Thread twitter.com/joannechocolat… 1 day ago
- It is that disappointing time of year when the fancy jam has run out and one has to stoop to shop bought. #bathproblems 1 day ago
- ‘You know what I love? A twit on a minibike deciding to assert his piss poor masculinity at three in the morning by… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Me: am too tired to cook. Order yourself a nutritious dinner from an online outfit. Child: Behold my dinner. It… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @Andrinanosleep: #askadhd my fellow ADHDers is ADHD a 2 days ago
Search this site