There’s something almost alchemical about the moment a hard copy of your book is finally pressed into your hot hands. A strange kind of magic that has turned the base material – people and plot and places – that has swum for months in a kind of story soup in your head into, if not solid gold, something solid, and golden to you. Today I got to hold and then take home a bound proof of The Queen of Bloody Everything before it’s sent out into the world. So for today, at least, I am glittering.
- Moment of panic as thought 6music was playing Sussudio by Phil Collins. Relief when realised it was 1999 by Prince.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 15 hours ago
- WTF just happened to my Twitter? It's gone sideways and massive and I DON'T LIKE CHANGE 1 day ago
- Me, @tracey_thorn, and a lot of discussion about growing up in Herts and Essex, village discos and Woolies eyeliner. uk.patronbase.com/_WellsFestival… 1 day ago
- Here’s a top tip: never walk up steep stairs in a maxidress whilst carrying an overladen laundry basket and a mug of scalding tea. Never. 1 day ago
- My child is cool. https://t.co/YqzaNVMqlp 2 days ago
Search this site