There’s something almost alchemical about the moment a hard copy of your book is finally pressed into your hot hands. A strange kind of magic that has turned the base material – people and plot and places – that has swum for months in a kind of story soup in your head into, if not solid gold, something solid, and golden to you. Today I got to hold and then take home a bound proof of The Queen of Bloody Everything before it’s sent out into the world. So for today, at least, I am glittering.
- Especially for academic colleagues - apparently not everyone knows about this joyous thing. twitter.com/plr_uk/status/… 3 hours ago
- RT @LakeSuperior: @TomFitton Thomas, not even your first talking point is correct. Water is not wet, what water touches is wet. I'm confid… 4 hours ago
- RT @flirty4flowers: @stellacreasy Hi Stella, but this means nothing as actual abortion services in NI are almost non existent and many are… 4 hours ago
- RT @amynicholson: So, so tired of men making other people's bodies their political tennis courts. This isn't a cute topic for you and your… 4 hours ago
- RT @FernRiddell: It is not a feminist act to target a rape crisis centre for being trans inclusive. It is not a feminist act to sue a rape… 7 hours ago
Search this site