There’s something almost alchemical about the moment a hard copy of your book is finally pressed into your hot hands. A strange kind of magic that has turned the base material – people and plot and places – that has swum for months in a kind of story soup in your head into, if not solid gold, something solid, and golden to you. Today I got to hold and then take home a bound proof of The Queen of Bloody Everything before it’s sent out into the world. So for today, at least, I am glittering.
- Today Penny Dreadful gets to dress up as a Hooligan with Hilary Who Is A Boy, i.e. the Best Babysitter Ever... youtu.be/jAv1D7-709I 5 hours ago
- Thread twitter.com/mimithebo/stat… 7 hours ago
- RT @sarramanning: Book publicists, we reviewers are so sympathetic about all the many changes to publishing schedules but please, do let us… 8 hours ago
- READERS: This is the kind of thing that is making writers' lives glimmer with hope and happiness right now. Thank y… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Part 2 of Penny Dreadful and the World Record is now up if you need cheering. I think we all do. youtu.be/MmczM7s1MIk 1 day ago
Search this site