‘My name is not actually Penny Dreadful. It is Penelope Jones. The Dreadful bit is my dad’s JOKE. Actually, I am not even dreadful at all. I didn’t mean for Marlon, who is our school goat, to eat a mobile phone or do some poo that looks like chocolate drops. I only set him free because I was being a FRIEND TO ANIMALS. Also, I didn’t ask to be a bridesmaid at Aunt Deedee’s wedding; I just wanted to build my AMAZING TOWER OF CHAIRS. It wasn’t really my fault the cake fell on Dad’s head and everything turned into such a horrible hoo-hah.’
- Sobbed my way through the last pages of this. So glad we got it on the syllabus.MenaceCame home to this on the doorstep. When I went out I’m sure there was a grasshopper in the same place.Paris, tu me manques.Pride-bound. With new piercing.Happy publication day to me and Birdy. May she soar with Billy Bremner, Marilyn and the rest.
- Me: *idly pokes under ancient chair in bedroom* ‘Ooh, weird fluffy stuff. Probably not a giant spider nest though.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- Sobbed my way through the last pages of this. So pleased we squeezed it on the undergrad syllabus. https://t.co/809PrSPtSJ 7 hours ago
- Last night I dreamt... that my mother and David Thewlis had sold my kitchen table to buy a toy snake. I’m still livid. 8 hours ago
- Yes. This. twitter.com/sarahcrossan/s… 8 hours ago
- I’m loving that Birdy’s already flown as far as Brisbane. twitter.com/stritaslibrary… 8 hours ago
Search this site