‘My name is not actually Penny Dreadful. It is Penelope Jones. The Dreadful bit is my dad’s JOKE. Actually, I am not even dreadful at all. I didn’t mean for Marlon, who is our school goat, to eat a mobile phone or do some poo that looks like chocolate drops. I only set him free because I was being a FRIEND TO ANIMALS. Also, I didn’t ask to be a bridesmaid at Aunt Deedee’s wedding; I just wanted to build my AMAZING TOWER OF CHAIRS. It wasn’t really my fault the cake fell on Dad’s head and everything turned into such a horrible hoo-hah.’
- So much more whimsical than locks. Chewing gum art on the Millennium Bridge.Buffeted in London.Retro Menace. 1984 Walkman. With shoulder strap, and cassette by @james.nadin73 and @syflettySunday afternoon perfection. A day bed, a cup of Darjeeling and this, in my new office.New chair. New cushion by brilliant friend @bluelizardtextilesAnd so it begins. 3 timelines. 3 narrators. 3 cities. How hard can that be...?
- When Joanna is way better. As eny fule kno. (Apologies to the many lovely Joannes I know.) twitter.com/joannask331/st… 1 day ago
- RT @ClareElsom: Thanks for the lovely review @soglos soglos.com/children-famil… Really looking forward to Cheltenham. Hope we live up to it!!… 1 day ago
- The world may be going to hell in a handcart, but I just found out Veronica Mars is back with a new series. Get in. And stay gold, Ponyboy. 2 days ago
- If you were wondering why our MA in Writing for Young People at @CWritingBSU was so popular, this may explain. Thre… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Something strangely satisfying about putting ‘see-through Bic’ on my shopping list so Menace can rewind cassettes for my old Walkman. 3 days ago
Search this site