It is a truth universally acknowledged that I am too short and my hair is too mental for me to ever make it on TV. I am, however, an old hack at the radio lark, having done time (too much time) as the breakfast show newsreader on a popular London radio station (output consists of Lighthouse Family, Sting, and Leann Rimes. Can you guess what it is yet?). But this is me on the other side of the microphone, as it were, being interviewed about Paradise, politics and My So Called Life, on last week’s Litopia After Dark literary salon (no absinthe, or tortured poets in this one though, just me and the amazing-accented, and one man e-book phenomenon Scott Nicholson):
- Came home to this on the doorstep. When I went out I’m sure there was a grasshopper in the same place.Paris, tu me manques.Pride-bound. With new piercing.Happy publication day to me and Birdy. May she soar with Billy Bremner, Marilyn and the rest.Throwback Thursday: Seventies swagger. Check out my strut and my new umbrella. Also socks.Out in September with Bloomsbury. Illustrated by Pauline Reeves.
- 70 points. Pitiful performance. Or looking at it another way: not enough questions about goats, biscuits, or the oeuvre of John Hughes. 3 hours ago
- University Challenge followed by Love Island. Like liver and bacon for mains with Viennetta for afters. Perfect. 4 hours ago
- RT @lucycoats: Calling all female poet friends and followers... this is a wonderful opportunity, so do apply. #poetry #poets https://t.co/Q… 7 hours ago
- RT @CharlieFarley04: Twit Twoo fun at @ywbath. And me and Layn will be doing the same at @WaterstonesBmth Bournemouth Arcade this Saturday… 7 hours ago
- RT @KitdeWaal: See this. I’m sponsoring five entries. Enter now! twitter.com/BathNovelAward… 7 hours ago
Search this site