It is a truth universally acknowledged that I am too short and my hair is too mental for me to ever make it on TV. I am, however, an old hack at the radio lark, having done time (too much time) as the breakfast show newsreader on a popular London radio station (output consists of Lighthouse Family, Sting, and Leann Rimes. Can you guess what it is yet?). But this is me on the other side of the microphone, as it were, being interviewed about Paradise, politics and My So Called Life, on last week’s Litopia After Dark literary salon (no absinthe, or tortured poets in this one though, just me and the amazing-accented, and one man e-book phenomenon Scott Nicholson):
- I’d almost forgotten the brilliance of ‘The Parasites’. Written in first person plural so that you never quite know who’s narrating. (See also E.Nesbit ‘The Treasure Seekers’ #theparasites #daphnedumaurier #amreadingYule ball beautyGood day face*presses buzzer* ‘Hull, Nadin!’ Boxing Day, BBC2, 20.30 Still reeling from itBloody mackerel morningMy ladies in waiting. Their books are going to be big.
- Child of mine: OMG where is that salted caramel from my advent calendar? I left it out for later! Me: I have no id… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 15 hours ago
- RT @chrismouldink: If you want a signed, scribbled and dedicated book for Christmas, please order before noon on the 16th December when the… 17 hours ago
- Why why WHY do men at events, when asked if audience has any questions, feel the need to stick up their hand and NO… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 17 hours ago
- RT @shirleyannemcm: My son has released his first EP. It's his 15th birthday today and he would massively appreciate any listens/shares. #g… 17 hours ago
- Me: Think I might do some work right now. Will just check email. Me: *sits down to watch The Marvelous Mrs Maisel Season 3 immediately* 1 day ago
Search this site