- Sobbed my way through the last pages of this. So glad we got it on the syllabus.MenaceCame home to this on the doorstep. When I went out I’m sure there was a grasshopper in the same place.Paris, tu me manques.Pride-bound. With new piercing.Happy publication day to me and Birdy. May she soar with Billy Bremner, Marilyn and the rest.
- Me: *idly pokes under ancient chair in bedroom* ‘Ooh, weird fluffy stuff. Probably not a giant spider nest though.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- Sobbed my way through the last pages of this. So pleased we squeezed it on the undergrad syllabus. https://t.co/809PrSPtSJ 7 hours ago
- Last night I dreamt... that my mother and David Thewlis had sold my kitchen table to buy a toy snake. I’m still livid. 8 hours ago
- Yes. This. twitter.com/sarahcrossan/s… 8 hours ago
- I’m loving that Birdy’s already flown as far as Brisbane. twitter.com/stritaslibrary… 8 hours ago
Search this site
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Joe All Alone is a book (and, now, BBC TV series) about friendship. It’s a book about family, and what constitutes that today. It’s a book about bullying. It’s a book about difference and acceptance. But beneath all that, it’s … Continue reading
About five years ago I wrote a book about a boy from Peckham. Like the Velveteen Rabbit, he turned real. And now he’s out in the wild and being screened at BAFTA before the series starts its run on CBBC. … Continue reading
This one has been a long time coming. I’ve been writing for children and young adults for seventeen years. But for various reasons I’d shied away from grown-ups. Partly because I had so much to say about teenage years – it’s … Continue reading
Many years ago, when I still thought I’d lead a glamorous life in the meejah, I read radio news for a living. And it’s a medium I adore – the focus on words, the invisibility of it, so that, when … Continue reading
Want to know how to write middle grade fiction? Want to know what middle grade fiction is and why the bejaysus we keep stealing words from the Americans? Then join me (and Bloomsbury Publishing’s Writers and Artists Yearbook) in this 2.5 … Continue reading
Originally posted on Smiles away girl.:
Do you cross the road if a dog is walking towards you? Do buttons make your skin crawl? Snakes make you want to cry? Are you overwhelmed by panic at the thought of blood,…
An oldie, but a goodie. My So-Called Life is on the hitlist (in a good way) for May.