Not content with appearing at Hay not once, but twice this week, I also have a sickening three books out, the first of which, Penny Dreadful, is unleashed on an unsuspecting public today. Her name isn’t actually Dreadful, it’s Jones. The Dreadful is just her dad’s joke. She knows it is a joke because when he says it he laughs like a honking goose, but she does not see the funny side. Plus it is not even true that she is dreadful. It is like Gran says, she is just a MAGNET FOR DISASTER. It is already being described as a ‘Horrid Henry for girls’ (and not just by my mum, but by The Bookseller, who have actually read both, unlike my mum who prefers a bit of Maeve Binchy). So what are you waiting for…?
- Moment of panic as thought 6music was playing Sussudio by Phil Collins. Relief when realised it was 1999 by Prince.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- WTF just happened to my Twitter? It's gone sideways and massive and I DON'T LIKE CHANGE 1 day ago
- Me, @tracey_thorn, and a lot of discussion about growing up in Herts and Essex, village discos and Woolies eyeliner. uk.patronbase.com/_WellsFestival… 1 day ago
- Here’s a top tip: never walk up steep stairs in a maxidress whilst carrying an overladen laundry basket and a mug of scalding tea. Never. 1 day ago
- My child is cool. https://t.co/YqzaNVMqlp 2 days ago
Search this site