Not content with appearing at Hay not once, but twice this week, I also have a sickening three books out, the first of which, Penny Dreadful, is unleashed on an unsuspecting public today. Her name isn’t actually Dreadful, it’s Jones. The Dreadful is just her dad’s joke. She knows it is a joke because when he says it he laughs like a honking goose, but she does not see the funny side. Plus it is not even true that she is dreadful. It is like Gran says, she is just a MAGNET FOR DISASTER. It is already being described as a ‘Horrid Henry for girls’ (and not just by my mum, but by The Bookseller, who have actually read both, unlike my mum who prefers a bit of Maeve Binchy). So what are you waiting for…?
- I’m a giant! twitter.com/hull_libraries… 52 minutes ago
- RT @hull_libraries: You can find more about @joannanadin at joannanadin.com #hullbookaward 52 minutes ago
- Eek! And yay! Have a blast! I'll be teaching all day, but at least it's about children's books! twitter.com/jrlthull/statu… 3 hours ago
- Already having a good Thursday twitter.com/laurapauthor/s… 4 hours ago
- Wrote ten books, got a doctorate and raised my kid. twitter.com/caitlinmoran/s… 15 hours ago
Search this site