Not content with appearing at Hay not once, but twice this week, I also have a sickening three books out, the first of which, Penny Dreadful, is unleashed on an unsuspecting public today. Her name isn’t actually Dreadful, it’s Jones. The Dreadful is just her dad’s joke. She knows it is a joke because when he says it he laughs like a honking goose, but she does not see the funny side. Plus it is not even true that she is dreadful. It is like Gran says, she is just a MAGNET FOR DISASTER. It is already being described as a ‘Horrid Henry for girls’ (and not just by my mum, but by The Bookseller, who have actually read both, unlike my mum who prefers a bit of Maeve Binchy). So what are you waiting for…?
- Lockdown Library: Addictive, literary, brilliant. I felt the same way on finishing this that I did when I first read A Prayer for Owen Meany: elated and bereft and wanting to start it all over again. #themostfunweeverhadMars. Less whelming than I imagined. And oddly soporific.Lockdown Library: 10/10. Beautiful and astonishing, craft-wise and narrative-wise.Charity shop chic. May have taken it up an inch too much but fuck it. If one can’t get one’s pins out at 50, what’s the point of it all?Thirty-something years on, @frostik1 We turned out okay!Jammin
- WRITERS: Name your dream show to write on from every decade. 60s: I wasn’t born so no idea 70s: Grange Hill 80s: Gi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- RT @ninamanning78: @joannanadin oh my goodness, my heart is a puddle on the floor. I'll never need to read another book again. I will of co… 18 hours ago
- RT @izzybug: Ah, watching two male BBC commentators rewatching and discussing Charlotte Worthington's BMX success just now. Immediately giv… 23 hours ago
- Lockdown Library: Addictive, literary, brilliant. I felt the same way on finishing this that I did when I first rea… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @VenturiniMiri: 🙈🙈🙈 https://t.co/IxeAGKGref 1 day ago
Search this site