Not content with appearing at Hay not once, but twice this week, I also have a sickening three books out, the first of which, Penny Dreadful, is unleashed on an unsuspecting public today. Her name isn’t actually Dreadful, it’s Jones. The Dreadful is just her dad’s joke. She knows it is a joke because when he says it he laughs like a honking goose, but she does not see the funny side. Plus it is not even true that she is dreadful. It is like Gran says, she is just a MAGNET FOR DISASTER. It is already being described as a ‘Horrid Henry for girls’ (and not just by my mum, but by The Bookseller, who have actually read both, unlike my mum who prefers a bit of Maeve Binchy). So what are you waiting for…?
- The youth of today. I ask you.Stole this from the Met’s Christmas tree next to the spinning cheese yesterday. This is a lovely scheme, which meant hundreds of London kids in care and in need got Christmas presents last year. I’m doing it again this year. I hope you will too.Surprising PaddingtonPause Yard MenaceThere is a light...To be read. I *may* have engineered it so I get some @sarra_manning time next
- I love a teen with initiative https://t.co/i1e4zmNxhI 2 hours ago
- RT @greenacrefilms: Fab news- JAA has scooped 2nd prize for live action children’s drama at the prestigious #Chicago Children’s film festiv… 6 hours ago
- Dear Booking.com. Yes I once went to Plymouth for a work thing. That doesn't mean I want to go there ev… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- Saw my lovely little brother yesterday, and he encouraged me to steal this off the Met’s Christmas tree. This is a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- I just waded through the river that is Whitehall right now. In fake fur low rise Converse. Which was nice. 1 day ago
Search this site