Not content with appearing at Hay not once, but twice this week, I also have a sickening three books out, the first of which, Penny Dreadful, is unleashed on an unsuspecting public today. Her name isn’t actually Dreadful, it’s Jones. The Dreadful is just her dad’s joke. She knows it is a joke because when he says it he laughs like a honking goose, but she does not see the funny side. Plus it is not even true that she is dreadful. It is like Gran says, she is just a MAGNET FOR DISASTER. It is already being described as a ‘Horrid Henry for girls’ (and not just by my mum, but by The Bookseller, who have actually read both, unlike my mum who prefers a bit of Maeve Binchy). So what are you waiting for…?
- RT @AmberBenson: Kanye’s announcement is a great reminder that men look at job descriptions and think—“hey, I’m not remotely qualified, but… 18 minutes ago
- Love Shack. Can’t abide it. Can’t explain why. twitter.com/marie__axel/st… 9 hours ago
- RT @maxjohnporter: Our third child found out that as a baby he came on book tour with me. It is a triumphant moment in his relationship wit… 1 day ago
- RT @KitdeWaal: Best thing on the Worldwide Web Number 151 1 day ago
- RT @AlexClark3: Who will commission my long read on male passive aggression on Saturday Kitchen? WHO 1 day ago
Search this site