Not content with appearing at Hay not once, but twice this week, I also have a sickening three books out, the first of which, Penny Dreadful, is unleashed on an unsuspecting public today. Her name isn’t actually Dreadful, it’s Jones. The Dreadful is just her dad’s joke. She knows it is a joke because when he says it he laughs like a honking goose, but she does not see the funny side. Plus it is not even true that she is dreadful. It is like Gran says, she is just a MAGNET FOR DISASTER. It is already being described as a ‘Horrid Henry for girls’ (and not just by my mum, but by The Bookseller, who have actually read both, unlike my mum who prefers a bit of Maeve Binchy). So what are you waiting for…?
- Retro Menace. 1984 Walkman. With shoulder strap, and cassette by @james.nadin73 and @syflettySunday afternoon perfection. A day bed, a cup of Darjeeling and this, in my new office.New chair. New cushion by brilliant friend @bluelizardtextilesAnd so it begins. 3 timelines. 3 narrators. 3 cities. How hard can that be...?Menace made tea (and packed lunch): maki and inari. I am now full and sticky and slightly sugar high. Lovely.Before the party
- If you were wondering why our MA in Writing for Young People at @CWritingBSU was so popular, this may explain. Thre… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- Something strangely satisfying about putting ‘see-through Bic’ on my shopping list so Menace can rewind cassettes for my old Walkman. 2 hours ago
- Off to the big city to talk to political people about having a weird-as-shit career path, and to warn them how many… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- RT @272BookFaith: #TalkLikeAPirateDay is the perfect time to read a fabulous pirate book 📚📗📘📕📚📕📘📗📚📗📘📕📚 #pirates #bookworm https://t.co/vl9… 1 day ago
- RT @PiccadillyPress: Book 9 in the #FlyingFergus series sitting pretty on today's @lorraine - if you're headed to @chrishoy @joannanadin @C… 1 day ago
Search this site