Not content with appearing at Hay not once, but twice this week, I also have a sickening three books out, the first of which, Penny Dreadful, is unleashed on an unsuspecting public today. Her name isn’t actually Dreadful, it’s Jones. The Dreadful is just her dad’s joke. She knows it is a joke because when he says it he laughs like a honking goose, but she does not see the funny side. Plus it is not even true that she is dreadful. It is like Gran says, she is just a MAGNET FOR DISASTER. It is already being described as a ‘Horrid Henry for girls’ (and not just by my mum, but by The Bookseller, who have actually read both, unlike my mum who prefers a bit of Maeve Binchy). So what are you waiting for…?
- Trying and failing to ignore this colossal apostrophe fail at Ladybird. Now blaming them for my generation’s punctuation problems.And now I’m reading this and it’s just stunning. Debut MG by Katya Balen and cover by @laura.f.carlin Out with @bloomsburypublishing in September. Thanks for the proof.Finally got round to reading this beauty. Fabulous take on a fairy tale. Clever and dark and heartbreaking. @usborne_booksAt the illegible even to me frantic planning stage. #amwritingGCSE breakfastBloon
- And I always thought Linked In was Facebook for boring people. But no, apparently the batshit inhabit it too https://t.co/GDthOCRcAW 8 hours ago
- Ladybird, you disappoint me. https://t.co/C0NO4A2Q9G 9 hours ago
- I just saw a baby mink in the wild and now I’m in a cafe drinking Darjeeling and writing notes for a new thing and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 17 hours ago
- Loving The Society but questions: How do they still have eggs and tomatoes 6 months in? How did someone catch a c… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @tracey_thorn: @petepaphides Jesus wept. Blokes in bands. 2 days ago
Search this site