Not content with appearing at Hay not once, but twice this week, I also have a sickening three books out, the first of which, Penny Dreadful, is unleashed on an unsuspecting public today. Her name isn’t actually Dreadful, it’s Jones. The Dreadful is just her dad’s joke. She knows it is a joke because when he says it he laughs like a honking goose, but she does not see the funny side. Plus it is not even true that she is dreadful. It is like Gran says, she is just a MAGNET FOR DISASTER. It is already being described as a ‘Horrid Henry for girls’ (and not just by my mum, but by The Bookseller, who have actually read both, unlike my mum who prefers a bit of Maeve Binchy). So what are you waiting for…?
- Me: Takes two weeks' leave to start writing novel. Every fecking homeowner within 50-metre radius: Starts up power tools. 5 hours ago
- RT @ComedyCampbell: In case you’re interested, over the next few weeks on The Accidental Show we have the following guests: @joannanadin @m… 6 hours ago
- RT @HQstories: 📢 *ASK THE AUTHOR* 📢 If you have a burning question for C.J. Skuse (like, does she have her own kill list?!), now's your ch… 22 hours ago
- RT @WibkeBrueggeman: Read my little blog post about why love is love and my personal experiences with people who don't understand it (yet!)… 22 hours ago
- RT @jennyquintana95: I adored #TheTalkOfPramTown by @joannanadin A brilliantly written, emotional and honest novel about mothers and daught… 1 day ago
Search this site