Not content with appearing at Hay not once, but twice this week, I also have a sickening three books out, the first of which, Penny Dreadful, is unleashed on an unsuspecting public today. Her name isn’t actually Dreadful, it’s Jones. The Dreadful is just her dad’s joke. She knows it is a joke because when he says it he laughs like a honking goose, but she does not see the funny side. Plus it is not even true that she is dreadful. It is like Gran says, she is just a MAGNET FOR DISASTER. It is already being described as a ‘Horrid Henry for girls’ (and not just by my mum, but by The Bookseller, who have actually read both, unlike my mum who prefers a bit of Maeve Binchy). So what are you waiting for…?
- Just finished it, forcing my partner to stay in while I read. Wonderful and awful (in a good way) and brilliant @flint_writes x 16 hours ago
- RT @kdbrundell: Nobody uses libraries. If you go in it's just feral dogs eating the poetry section and the ghost of a Victorian child using… 18 hours ago
- RT @ElenCaldecott: Delighted to find that, in Welsh, a 'drop in the ocean' translates as 'a wren pissing in the sea'. 🐦🌊🚽 18 hours ago
- Things it is not okay to add to food I order for breakfast: raw onion, raw chilli, coriander. CORIANDER ON POACHED EGGS. Why? Just WHY? 19 hours ago
- RT @ladylugosi: Libraries are marvellous places - here's another reason why :-) twitter.com/dawnafinch/sta… 1 day ago
Search this site