Not content with appearing at Hay not once, but twice this week, I also have a sickening three books out, the first of which, Penny Dreadful, is unleashed on an unsuspecting public today. Her name isn’t actually Dreadful, it’s Jones. The Dreadful is just her dad’s joke. She knows it is a joke because when he says it he laughs like a honking goose, but she does not see the funny side. Plus it is not even true that she is dreadful. It is like Gran says, she is just a MAGNET FOR DISASTER. It is already being described as a ‘Horrid Henry for girls’ (and not just by my mum, but by The Bookseller, who have actually read both, unlike my mum who prefers a bit of Maeve Binchy). So what are you waiting for…?
- Vegan tablet happened.I’d almost forgotten the brilliance of ‘The Parasites’. Written in first person plural so that you never quite know who’s narrating. (See also E.Nesbit ‘The Treasure Seekers’ #theparasites #daphnedumaurier #amreadingYule ball beautyGood day face*presses buzzer* ‘Hull, Nadin!’ Boxing Day, BBC2, 20.30 Still reeling from itBloody mackerel morning
- Child of mine: OMG where is that salted caramel from my advent calendar? I left it out for later! Me: I have no id… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
- RT @chrismouldink: If you want a signed, scribbled and dedicated book for Christmas, please order before noon on the 16th December when the… 1 day ago
- Why why WHY do men at events, when asked if audience has any questions, feel the need to stick up their hand and NO… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @shirleyannemcm: My son has released his first EP. It's his 15th birthday today and he would massively appreciate any listens/shares. #g… 1 day ago
- Me: Think I might do some work right now. Will just check email. Me: *sits down to watch The Marvelous Mrs Maisel Season 3 immediately* 1 day ago
Search this site