Not content with appearing at Hay not once, but twice this week, I also have a sickening three books out, the first of which, Penny Dreadful, is unleashed on an unsuspecting public today. Her name isn’t actually Dreadful, it’s Jones. The Dreadful is just her dad’s joke. She knows it is a joke because when he says it he laughs like a honking goose, but she does not see the funny side. Plus it is not even true that she is dreadful. It is like Gran says, she is just a MAGNET FOR DISASTER. It is already being described as a ‘Horrid Henry for girls’ (and not just by my mum, but by The Bookseller, who have actually read both, unlike my mum who prefers a bit of Maeve Binchy). So what are you waiting for…?
- All aboard the theatre bus! Launching @thisfoxwrites brilliant Kaleidoscope Song #everybodysings… instagram.com/p/BaW9vDylnHq/ 13 minutes ago
- RT @ziyatong: Behold the creature of darkness, a demon of the night! https://t.co/nkjgCM4UnP 2 hours ago
- RT @Keris: I wonder how many men gleefully slagging Corden would stand up to a friend or colleague who makes sexist jokes. 9 hours ago
- Still glowing a week after beating @MikeyStephenso at Trivial Pursuit (junior) by knowing there were three members… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- That sun is hamming it up a bit war of the worlds style right now 1 day ago
Search this site