Not content with appearing at Hay not once, but twice this week, I also have a sickening three books out, the first of which, Penny Dreadful, is unleashed on an unsuspecting public today. Her name isn’t actually Dreadful, it’s Jones. The Dreadful is just her dad’s joke. She knows it is a joke because when he says it he laughs like a honking goose, but she does not see the funny side. Plus it is not even true that she is dreadful. It is like Gran says, she is just a MAGNET FOR DISASTER. It is already being described as a ‘Horrid Henry for girls’ (and not just by my mum, but by The Bookseller, who have actually read both, unlike my mum who prefers a bit of Maeve Binchy). So what are you waiting for…?
- Lockdown library. Hard to put this down even to photograph. Brilliantly addictive from the first page.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- Currently watching ‘47 Metres Deep. Uncaged.’ Because my child will only watch films that ‘look a bit shit’. No one… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 14 hours ago
- Saw this and thought of you @_CarleyLee nytimes.com/1988/12/25/boo… 14 hours ago
- RT @izzybug: #BooksellerChat Hello! I'm writing an essay for my MA on the impact of Twitter on publishing, weighing up the good vs bad. In… 15 hours ago
- RT @RachelWardbooks: Welcome to the first #cosycrimeclub meeting, a friendly place to chat about cosy, crimey, comforting books. Have you g… 22 hours ago
Search this site