Not content with appearing at Hay not once, but twice this week, I also have a sickening three books out, the first of which, Penny Dreadful, is unleashed on an unsuspecting public today. Her name isn’t actually Dreadful, it’s Jones. The Dreadful is just her dad’s joke. She knows it is a joke because when he says it he laughs like a honking goose, but she does not see the funny side. Plus it is not even true that she is dreadful. It is like Gran says, she is just a MAGNET FOR DISASTER. It is already being described as a ‘Horrid Henry for girls’ (and not just by my mum, but by The Bookseller, who have actually read both, unlike my mum who prefers a bit of Maeve Binchy). So what are you waiting for…?
- RT @r1k1n: BIG UP @RashmiWriting & @juliesykesbooks for spotting these bits of #goodnews in @thebookseller! SO EXCITED to have #illustrated… 19 hours ago
- RT @catwrote: It is all our British History 1 day ago
- RT @paulasherriff: The most decent of men 💔 https://t.co/V0zsAoNaY5 1 day ago
- RT @nicolamorgan: Me: I would need to charge a fee. Them: But we're a not-for-profit. Me: Are you paid? Them: Of course. It's my job.… 1 day ago
- RT @junodawson: Sporadic reminder that @stonewalluk is a PRESSURE GROUP. A lot of people (homophobes) didn't like it when they campaigned f… 1 day ago
Search this site