In the run-up to Christmas, opening the post is always accompanied by a little frisson of anticipation, invariably dampened when I find it is only catalogues or credit statements or a card from someone I have never met addressed to someone who once lived here. (Thanks, ‘Carol’.) But today the brown paper parcel delivered by hand contained something better than any present. Inside was a poster, and one with my name on, and Joe’s. But even more thrilling and disorientating than seeing our names in type is seeing the star himself. This is a boy who started out as a stranger in a sleeping bag outside an arcade on Rye Lane in Peckham, became a character who walked and talked in my head, and is now being conjured up by a real live boy – the brilliant Daniel Frogson, who is all the best parts of the Joe on paper, and all his own added real excellence besides. I give you the real Joe All Alone, coming to CBBC in 2018.
- Beyond excited at today’s book post. Thank you @tjenkinsreid @laurabrooke59 @hutchinson_books I shall read with glee and wear with pride. #daisyjonesandthesixHammer time! Enormous trousers from Bristol Thrift. Designed by DKNY. Hemmed by moi.As good as I hoped and expected.Vintage kilo lunch breakMy students know me well.Just overcame my inner shrinking violet and signed stock @piccadillywaterstones Can’t tell you how good authors feel when they see their babies out on tables
- Way to see your submission in the bin. twitter.com/jounwin/status… 1 day ago
- Thread. @Chrisjuggle twitter.com/shockproofbeat… 1 day ago
- Yup. Just tried singing Roar and realised it’s impossible without crying. 1 day ago
- Just cut my wrist open and caused severe bruising serving ice cream. Been one of those weeks. 1 day ago
- I am not a muse. I am a somebody. End of story. Best book post in months. Thank you @HutchinsonBooks https://t.co/QKZEG37lHQ 1 day ago
Search this site