In the run-up to Christmas, opening the post is always accompanied by a little frisson of anticipation, invariably dampened when I find it is only catalogues or credit statements or a card from someone I have never met addressed to someone who once lived here. (Thanks, ‘Carol’.) But today the brown paper parcel delivered by hand contained something better than any present. Inside was a poster, and one with my name on, and Joe’s. But even more thrilling and disorientating than seeing our names in type is seeing the star himself. This is a boy who started out as a stranger in a sleeping bag outside an arcade on Rye Lane in Peckham, became a character who walked and talked in my head, and is now being conjured up by a real live boy – the brilliant Daniel Frogson, who is all the best parts of the Joe on paper, and all his own added real excellence besides. I give you the real Joe All Alone, coming to CBBC in 2018.
- RT @SJ_Watson: Agreed. Every one is a writing prompt, a short story waiting to happen. twitter.com/rebeccamaer/st… 10 hours ago
- RT @tbradman: Alas, can’t make it! Will RT and hope somebody else can! twitter.com/charli_noe/sta… 10 hours ago
- RT @GillanRankin: My daughter, erm Rita Ora, is still buzzing after time on stage with the talented team of @chrishoy @joannanadin & @Clare… 1 day ago
- RT @sandysdrawings: After listening to the #flyingfergus team of @chrishoy @joannanadin & @ClareElsom I’m as inspired as the kids. Great st… 1 day ago
- RT @RobWoodhouseTLA: @edbookfest with @chrishoy @joannanadin @ClareElsom talking Flying Fergus https://t.co/motQWtMzs8 1 day ago
Search this site