In the run-up to Christmas, opening the post is always accompanied by a little frisson of anticipation, invariably dampened when I find it is only catalogues or credit statements or a card from someone I have never met addressed to someone who once lived here. (Thanks, ‘Carol’.) But today the brown paper parcel delivered by hand contained something better than any present. Inside was a poster, and one with my name on, and Joe’s. But even more thrilling and disorientating than seeing our names in type is seeing the star himself. This is a boy who started out as a stranger in a sleeping bag outside an arcade on Rye Lane in Peckham, became a character who walked and talked in my head, and is now being conjured up by a real live boy – the brilliant Daniel Frogson, who is all the best parts of the Joe on paper, and all his own added real excellence besides. I give you the real Joe All Alone, coming to CBBC in 2018.
- Just found out a book group named a hedgehog after me last night. This is up there with having my verse of a hymn p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Question for journo friends / friends with good memories: was Charles and Diana’s wedding date announced at same ti… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Menace and me are in empty train carriage. Guy Garvey just got on at Chippenham and sat at the table next to us and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- There’s a hornet (actual fecking hornet) in my bedroom / what am I going to do? Answer: hit it soundly with a Ruth… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Wild Rose: 9 out of 10 on the Patented Nadin Sob-O-Meter. Could have got 10 with more Craig Parkinson action. 5 days ago
Search this site