In the run-up to Christmas, opening the post is always accompanied by a little frisson of anticipation, invariably dampened when I find it is only catalogues or credit statements or a card from someone I have never met addressed to someone who once lived here. (Thanks, ‘Carol’.) But today the brown paper parcel delivered by hand contained something better than any present. Inside was a poster, and one with my name on, and Joe’s. But even more thrilling and disorientating than seeing our names in type is seeing the star himself. This is a boy who started out as a stranger in a sleeping bag outside an arcade on Rye Lane in Peckham, became a character who walked and talked in my head, and is now being conjured up by a real live boy – the brilliant Daniel Frogson, who is all the best parts of the Joe on paper, and all his own added real excellence besides. I give you the real Joe All Alone, coming to CBBC in 2018.
- RT @clpe1: 🔊Announcement🔊 Our new #PowerOfReading booklist is revealed! Including books from @rebecca_cobb #jessicasouhami @seantstorie… 6 hours ago
- If nothing else this weekend’s media has provided me with a handy list of people I never want to be stuck at a party with. 12 hours ago
- RT @ElenCaldecott: 😂😘 12 hours ago
- RT @secretHT1: I’m starting to think even wet blue paper towel is not going to be able to save 2020. 12 hours ago
- Hell, yes. twitter.com/mariankeyes/st… https://t.co/3JUJtfpqXc 12 hours ago
Search this site