In the run-up to Christmas, opening the post is always accompanied by a little frisson of anticipation, invariably dampened when I find it is only catalogues or credit statements or a card from someone I have never met addressed to someone who once lived here. (Thanks, ‘Carol’.) But today the brown paper parcel delivered by hand contained something better than any present. Inside was a poster, and one with my name on, and Joe’s. But even more thrilling and disorientating than seeing our names in type is seeing the star himself. This is a boy who started out as a stranger in a sleeping bag outside an arcade on Rye Lane in Peckham, became a character who walked and talked in my head, and is now being conjured up by a real live boy – the brilliant Daniel Frogson, who is all the best parts of the Joe on paper, and all his own added real excellence besides. I give you the real Joe All Alone, coming to CBBC in 2018.
- RT @r1k1n: BIG UP @RashmiWriting & @juliesykesbooks for spotting these bits of #goodnews in @thebookseller! SO EXCITED to have #illustrated… 18 hours ago
- RT @catwrote: It is all our British History 1 day ago
- RT @paulasherriff: The most decent of men 💔 https://t.co/V0zsAoNaY5 1 day ago
- RT @nicolamorgan: Me: I would need to charge a fee. Them: But we're a not-for-profit. Me: Are you paid? Them: Of course. It's my job.… 1 day ago
- RT @junodawson: Sporadic reminder that @stonewalluk is a PRESSURE GROUP. A lot of people (homophobes) didn't like it when they campaigned f… 1 day ago
Search this site