In the run-up to Christmas, opening the post is always accompanied by a little frisson of anticipation, invariably dampened when I find it is only catalogues or credit statements or a card from someone I have never met addressed to someone who once lived here. (Thanks, ‘Carol’.) But today the brown paper parcel delivered by hand contained something better than any present. Inside was a poster, and one with my name on, and Joe’s. But even more thrilling and disorientating than seeing our names in type is seeing the star himself. This is a boy who started out as a stranger in a sleeping bag outside an arcade on Rye Lane in Peckham, became a character who walked and talked in my head, and is now being conjured up by a real live boy – the brilliant Daniel Frogson, who is all the best parts of the Joe on paper, and all his own added real excellence besides. I give you the real Joe All Alone, coming to CBBC in 2018.
- One of the most depressing things about reading on Kindle is seeing what drivel some readers highlight. Christ, the triteness. 4 hours ago
- RT @marcformarc: I cannot stop watching this video of Emma Stone and Maya Rudolph singing call your girlfriend a capella https://t.co/DlScj… 15 hours ago
- It’s #IndependentBookshopWeek I will be spending mine mainly doing this. And getting through the rest of my TBR sta… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Solo cinema night questions. 1. Late Night or Sometimes, Always, Never? 2. Mint Poppets or a Curly Wurly? 1 day ago
- RT @Joannechocolat: Sadiq Khan, cleaning up London, one racist at a time. twitter.com/jimdofficial/s… 1 day ago
Search this site