In the run-up to Christmas, opening the post is always accompanied by a little frisson of anticipation, invariably dampened when I find it is only catalogues or credit statements or a card from someone I have never met addressed to someone who once lived here. (Thanks, ‘Carol’.) But today the brown paper parcel delivered by hand contained something better than any present. Inside was a poster, and one with my name on, and Joe’s. But even more thrilling and disorientating than seeing our names in type is seeing the star himself. This is a boy who started out as a stranger in a sleeping bag outside an arcade on Rye Lane in Peckham, became a character who walked and talked in my head, and is now being conjured up by a real live boy – the brilliant Daniel Frogson, who is all the best parts of the Joe on paper, and all his own added real excellence besides. I give you the real Joe All Alone, coming to CBBC in 2018.
- Lockdown Library: Addictive, literary, brilliant. I felt the same way on finishing this that I did when I first read A Prayer for Owen Meany: elated and bereft and wanting to start it all over again. #themostfunweeverhadMars. Less whelming than I imagined. And oddly soporific.Lockdown Library: 10/10. Beautiful and astonishing, craft-wise and narrative-wise.Charity shop chic. May have taken it up an inch too much but fuck it. If one can’t get one’s pins out at 50, what’s the point of it all?Thirty-something years on, @frostik1 We turned out okay!Jammin
- WRITERS: Name your dream show to write on from every decade. 60s: I wasn’t born so no idea 70s: Grange Hill 80s: Gi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- RT @ninamanning78: @joannanadin oh my goodness, my heart is a puddle on the floor. I'll never need to read another book again. I will of co… 17 hours ago
- RT @izzybug: Ah, watching two male BBC commentators rewatching and discussing Charlotte Worthington's BMX success just now. Immediately giv… 22 hours ago
- Lockdown Library: Addictive, literary, brilliant. I felt the same way on finishing this that I did when I first rea… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @VenturiniMiri: 🙈🙈🙈 https://t.co/IxeAGKGref 1 day ago
Search this site