In the run-up to Christmas, opening the post is always accompanied by a little frisson of anticipation, invariably dampened when I find it is only catalogues or credit statements or a card from someone I have never met addressed to someone who once lived here. (Thanks, ‘Carol’.) But today the brown paper parcel delivered by hand contained something better than any present. Inside was a poster, and one with my name on, and Joe’s. But even more thrilling and disorientating than seeing our names in type is seeing the star himself. This is a boy who started out as a stranger in a sleeping bag outside an arcade on Rye Lane in Peckham, became a character who walked and talked in my head, and is now being conjured up by a real live boy – the brilliant Daniel Frogson, who is all the best parts of the Joe on paper, and all his own added real excellence besides. I give you the real Joe All Alone, coming to CBBC in 2018.
- My heart is in Manchester and my head at the Albert Hall. But legs are in my kitchen in Bath dancing like Tim. Have… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- And you are totally welcome x twitter.com/sisterspooky/s… 1 day ago
- And so begins the annual Rewatch all the West Wing Festive Episodes pre-Christmas TV marathon. Street chocolate? Ch… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @ILoveMCR: Got a few hours to spare over the festive period? ilovemanchester.com/2017/11/12/man… 1 day ago
- RT @ZenaMarks: The loudspeaker at Queen's Park Peckham played a trumpet fanfare to announce the arrival of the 08:12 to London Bridge this… 1 day ago
Search this site