Tom knows all about stepmothers from the books he’s read. They do all sorts of horrible things. In fact, they aren’t really stepmothers at all. They are StepMONSTERS! So when his dad’s new friend Lulu comes to tea, Tom is convinced she will turn out to be a stepmonster. She might not look like a stepmonster. (Her hair looks like it’s been spun from gold.) And she might not act like a stepmonster. (She likes all of the same things that Tom does – manatees and moles and woodlice and playing Snap for hours.) But maybe that’s just a clever disguise…
- Sobbed my way through the last pages of this. So glad we got it on the syllabus.MenaceCame home to this on the doorstep. When I went out I’m sure there was a grasshopper in the same place.Paris, tu me manques.Pride-bound. With new piercing.Happy publication day to me and Birdy. May she soar with Billy Bremner, Marilyn and the rest.
- Me: *idly pokes under ancient chair in bedroom* ‘Ooh, weird fluffy stuff. Probably not a giant spider nest though.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- Sobbed my way through the last pages of this. So pleased we squeezed it on the undergrad syllabus. https://t.co/809PrSPtSJ 7 hours ago
- Last night I dreamt... that my mother and David Thewlis had sold my kitchen table to buy a toy snake. I’m still livid. 8 hours ago
- Yes. This. twitter.com/sarahcrossan/s… 8 hours ago
- I’m loving that Birdy’s already flown as far as Brisbane. twitter.com/stritaslibrary… 8 hours ago
Search this site